The ANZET Meeting is committed to sustainability practice and reducing the impact on the environment. We encourage all attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, and suppliers to also consider environmentally friendly options in attending the Meeting.
Our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint:
Please see below some of the initiatives underway with the organisers and suppliers for the 2020 Meeting.
The Venue: Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre
- The Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre participates in the EarthCheck program and was proud to be the first centre of its kind to receive Gold certification in 2015 and Platinum certification in 2018.
- Since the Centre’s opening in 2004, implementation of a Sustainability Policy and Environmental Management Plan has ensured the continuous integration of environmental and social sustainability into strategy, planning and business operations.
- Best practices at GCCEC include waste minimisation and reduction of consumables; integrated communication systems to control energy consumption and building services; on-site grey water recycling and management system; procurement of environmentally friendly products and packaging.
- Read more about GCCEC's sustainability initiatives.
- Printed materials are kept to a minimum, with attendees encouraged to use electronic resources such as the meeting website and app.
- Abstract materials are provided electronically only, via the website or app.
- Name badges use paper and lanyards that can be recycled.
- Meeting bags are not provided.
- Attendees will be provided a keep cup during registration and encouraged to use this throughout the Meeting. Additional cups supplied by the Adelaide Convention Centre are 100% biodegradable and compostable.
- Sponsors and Exhibitors are requested to reflect positive environmental values and practices in their participation.
What can you do?
- The Hotels selected by the Meeting are all located near to the Centre, within walking distance. Where possible, we encourage you to walk between locations rather than take a taxi or drive.
- Please follow the waste separation instructions at the venue and at your accommodation.
- Please consider what printed materials you need, only printing where necessary.
- Please bring a reusable bag, if required, to carry your Meeting materials in.
- Consider purchasing a voluntary carbon offset if booking flights.